Place:


Scampston  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Scampston like this:

SCAMPSTON, a township-chapelry in Rillington parish, E. R. Yorkshire; 1½ mile E N E of Rillington r. station, and 6 N E by E of New Malton. Post-town, Rillington, under York. Acres, 2, 382. Real property, £2, 223. Pop., 248. Houses, 48. The property, with S. Hall, belongs to W. St. Quintin, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £80. Patron, the Vicar of Rillington. The church is recent.

Scampston through time

Scampston is now part of Ryedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ryedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Scampston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Scampston, in Ryedale and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14176

Date accessed: 24th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Scampston ".