Place:


Sand Hutton  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sand Hutton like this:

HUTTON (SAND), a township chapelry in Thirsk parish, N. R. Yorkshire; near the river Swale and the Northeastern railway, 2 miles W by N of Thirsk Junction r. station, and 3¼ W of Thirsk. Post town, Thirsk. Acres, 1,335. Real property, £2,148. Pop., 297. Houses, 62. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £115. Patron, the Archbishop of York.

Sand Hutton through time

Sand Hutton is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sand Hutton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sand Hutton, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14168

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sand Hutton ".