Place:


Raskelf  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Raskelf like this:

RASKELF, a village and a chapelry in Easingwold parish, N. R. Yorkshire. The village stands ½ a mile W of the North eastern railway, and 2¼ W N W of Easing-wold; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Easingwold. The chapelry comprises 5,030 acres. Real property, £2, 947. ...


Pop., 577. Houses, 93. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to W. F. Webb, Esq. Bricks and tiles are made. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of Chester. The church is transition Norman, with a curious wooden tower; and was recently in bad condition. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a parochial school, and charities £22.

Raskelf through time

Raskelf is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Raskelf itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Raskelf, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14112

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Raskelf ".