Place:


Worlaby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Worlaby like this:

WORLABY, a parish, with a village, in Glanford-Brigg district, Lincoln; 4 miles NW by N of Barnetby r. station, and 5 NNE of Glanford-Brigg. It has a post-office under Brigg. Acres, 3,210. Real property, £5,158. Pop., 526. Houses, 110. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £360.* Patron, F. W. Webb, Esq. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, an alms-house-hospital with £21 a year, and other charities £5.

Worlaby through time

Worlaby is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Worlaby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Worlaby in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14101

Date accessed: 16th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Worlaby ".