Place:


Silk Willoughby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Silk Willoughby like this:

WILLOUGHBY-SILK, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln: 1¾ mile SSW of Sleaford r. station. Post town, Sleaford. Acres, 2,505. Real property, £3,326. Pop., 237. Houses, 50. The manor belongs to the Earl of Dysart. Bricks and tiles are made. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £650.* Patron, the Earl of Dysart. The church is old but good. There is a parochial school.

Silk Willoughby through time

Silk Willoughby is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Silk Willoughby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Silk Willoughby, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14083

Date accessed: 21st April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Silk Willoughby ".