Place:


Cherry Willingham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cherry Willingham like this:

WILLINGHAM-CHERRY, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; near Washingborough r. station, and 3½ miles E by N of Lincoln. Post town, Lincoln-Acres, 980. Real property, £2,149. Pop., 173. Houses, 35. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £100. Patrons, Mrs. Cock and Mrs. Gordon. The church is in the Grecian style.

Cherry Willingham through time

Cherry Willingham is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cherry Willingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cherry Willingham, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14076

Date accessed: 11th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cherry Willingham ".