Place:


Welton le Wold  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Welton le Wold like this:

WELTON-LE-WOLD, a parish, with a village, in Louth district, Lincoln; 4 miles W of Louth r. station. Post town, Louth. Acres, 2,520. Real property, £4,065. Pop., 335. Houses, 68. The manor belongs to the Rev. W. Smyth. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £600.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was enlarged in 1838, and restored in 1850. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Welton le Wold through time

Welton le Wold is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Welton le Wold itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Welton le Wold, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14067

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Welton le Wold ".