Place:


Welton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Welton like this:

WELTON, a parish, with W. village and Ryland hamlet, in the district and county of Lincoln; 3¾ miles NW by W of Langworth r. station, and 6 NNE of Lincoln. It has a post-office under Lincoln. Acres, 3,690. Real property, £6,743. Pop., 692. Houses, 150. Portions of land, in lien of former manorial rights, belong to five prebends in Lincoln cathedral. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £450. Patron, the Bishop of L. The church is good; and there are three Methodist chapels, Church schools, and several charities.

Welton through time

Welton is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Welton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Welton, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14065

Date accessed: 18th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Welton ".