Place:


Waltham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Waltham like this:

WALTHAM, a parish, with a village, in Caistor district, Lincoln; on the East Lincoln railway, 3½ miles S by W of Great Grimsby. It has a post-office under Grimsby, a r. station, and a temperance hall. Acres, 2,350. Real property, £3,828. Pop., 856. Houses, 190. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £400.* Patron, the Chapter of Southwell. The church was partially restored in 1867. There are two Methodist chapels. A national school was built in 1868.

Waltham through time

Waltham is now part of North East Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North East Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Waltham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Waltham in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14062

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Waltham ".