Place:


Walmsgate  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walmsgate like this:

WALMSGATE, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 3 miles WSW of Claythorpe r. station, and 6¾ SSE of Louth. Post town, Louth. Acres, 920. Real property, £1,144. Pop., 77. Houses, 13. The manor, with W. Hall, belongs to T. Y. D. Yorke, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Burwell. There is no church.

Walmsgate through time

Walmsgate is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Walmsgate itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walmsgate, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14061

Date accessed: 17th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Walmsgate ".