Place:


Walesby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walesby like this:

WALESBY, a parish, with a village, in Caistor district, Lincoln; 2¾ miles NE of Market-Rasen r. station. Post town, Market-Rasen. Acres, 2,580. Real property, £4,278. Pop., 351. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to W. Angerstein, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £570.* Patron, W. Angerstein, Esq. There is a building used as a Wesleyan chapel and as a national school.

Walesby through time

Walesby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Walesby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walesby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14059

Date accessed: 20th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Walesby ".