Place:


Westborough  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Westborough like this:

WESTBOROUGH, a parish, with a village, in the district of Newark and county of Lincoln; on the river Witham, 3 miles W of Hougham r. station, and 7 NW by N of Grantham. Post town, Grantham. Acres, 890. Real property, £3,491. Pop., 245. Houses, 52. The manor belongs to G. Nevile, Esq. A Roman settlement was here. The living is twofold-a rectory united with Dry Doddington, and a rectory per se-in the diocese of Lincoln. Value of the former, £470; of the latter, £76.* Patron of both, the Rev. R. Hall. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Westborough through time

Westborough is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Westborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Westborough, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14055

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Westborough ".