Place:


Waddington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Waddington like this:

WADDINGTON, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Lincoln; on the Lincoln and Grantham railway, 4 miles S of Lincoln. It has a post-office under Lincoln, and a r. station. Acres, 3,305. Real property, £10,31 4. Pop., 909. Houses, 200. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £850.* Patron, Lincoln College, Oxford. The church was recently restored. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, a national school, and charities £7.

Waddington through time

Waddington is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Waddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Waddington, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14038

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Waddington ".