In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Wootton like this:
WOOTTON (North), a parish in Sherborne district, Dorset; 1½ mile SSE of Sherborne r. station. Post town, Sherborne. Acres, 619. Real property, £767. Pop., 76. Houses, 17. The manor belongs to G. D. W. Digby, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £51. Patron, G. D. W. Digby, Esq-The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing North Wootton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering North Wootton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Wootton in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "North Wootton".