In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glanvilles Wootton like this:
WOOTTON-GLANVILLE, a parish, with a village and with W.-Newlands tything, in Dorchester district, Dorset; 6 miles SSE of Sherborne r. station. Post town, Sherborne. Acres, 1,665. Real property, £2,375. Pop., 300. Houses, 65. W.-G. House is the seat of the Dales. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £323.* Patron, the Rev. J. S. Woodman. The church is decorated English.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Glanvilles Wootton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Glanvilles Wootton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glanvilles Wootton in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st October 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Glanvilles Wootton".