Place:


Upton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upton like this:

UPTON, a parish, with two townships, in Gainsborough district, Lincoln; 4¼ miles SE of Gainsborough r. station. Post town, Gainsborough. Acres, 3,180. Real property, £4,624. Pop., 527. Houses, 113. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £131.* Patron, Sir W. A. Ingilby, Bart. The church is old. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £41.

Upton through time

Upton is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Upton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upton, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14030

Date accessed: 22nd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Upton ".