In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wooland like this:
WOOLLAND, a parish in Sturminster district, Dorset; 4¼ miles SW of Shillingstone r. station, and 7 W by N of Blandford. It has a post-office under Blandford. Acres, 1,098. Real property, with Ibberton, £3,185. Pop., 132. Houses, 27. The manor belongs to M. Williams, Esq. The living is a donative in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, not reported. Patron, M. Williams, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1857. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wooland has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wooland and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wooland in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wooland".