In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Winterborne Whitechurch like this:
WINTERBORNE-WHITCHURCH, a parish, with W.-Whatcombe hamlet and Law-Lee tything, in Blandford district, Dorset; 5 miles WSW of Spetisbury r. station, and 5¼ SW of Blandford. Post town, Blandford. Acres, 2,841. Real property, £3,781. Pop., 554. Houses, 103. The property is chiefly divided between two. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £97.* Patron, the Bishop of S. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school. Samuel Wesley was vicar, but eventually ejected for non-conformity; and his sons, John and Charles, the founders of Methodism, were born here during his incumbency.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Winterborne Whitechurch has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Winterborne Whitechurch and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Winterborne Whitechurch in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Winterborne Whitechurch".