In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warmwell like this:
WARMWELL, a parish in Dorchester district, Dorset; 2¾ miles SSW of Moreton r. station, and 5 SE of Dorchester. Post town, Dorchester. Acres, 1,531. Real property, £1,251. Pop., 148. Houses, 30. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory, united with Poxwell, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £350.* Patron, J. T. Trenchard, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Warmwell has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Warmwell and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warmwell in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 31st July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Warmwell".