In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Turnworth like this:
TURNWORTH, a parish in Blandford district, Dorset; 4½ miles WNW of Blandford r. station. It has a Post office under Blandford. Acres, 1,560. Real property, £1,133. Pop., 150. Houses, 22. The manor belongs to W. P. Okeden, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £160. Patron, the Bishop of S. The church was recently restored.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Turnworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Turnworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Turnworth in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th October 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Turnworth".