In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Toller Porcorum like this:
TOLLER -PORCORUM, a parish, with Kingcombe tything, in Dorchester district, Dorset; at Toller r. station, 2½ miles W of Maiden-Newton. Post town, Maiden-Newton, under Dorchester. Acres, 3,143. Real property, with T.-Fratrum and Wrexall, £5,378. Pop. of T. P. alone, 500. Houses, 102. The property is sub-divided. There are stone quarries and chalk pits. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £200.* Patron, F. Janvrin, Esq. The church is good; and there are an endowed school with £21 a year, and charities £12.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Toller Porcorum has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Toller Porcorum and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Toller Porcorum in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th October 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Toller Porcorum".