In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tarrant Keynston like this:
TARRANT-KEYNSTON, a parish in Blandford district, Dorset; 2 miles NE of Spetisbury r. station, and 3 ESE of Blandford. Post town, Blandford. Acres, 1,962. Real property, £2,190. Pop., 309. Houses, 73. Most of the property is in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £394.* Patron, the Rev. J. Ansten. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Tarrant Keynston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Tarrant Keynston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tarrant Keynston in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd August 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Tarrant Keynston".