In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tarrant Hinton like this:
TARRANT-HINTON, a parish in Blandford district, Dorset; 5 miles NNE of Blandford r. station. Post town, Blandford. Acres, 2,279. Real property, £1,963. Pop., 258. Houses, 52. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £370.* Patron, Pembroke College, Cambridge.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Tarrant Hinton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Tarrant Hinton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tarrant Hinton in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Tarrant Hinton".