In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tarrant Gunville like this:
TARRANT-GUNVILLE, a parish, with three tythings, in Blandford district, Dorset; 5 miles NE by N of Blandford r. station. Post town, Blandford. Acres, 3,425. Real property, £2,460. Pop., 441. Houses, 101. The property is divided between two. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £448.* Patron, University College, Oxford. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Tarrant Gunville has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Tarrant Gunville and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tarrant Gunville in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Tarrant Gunville".