Place:


Thornton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thornton like this:

THORNTON, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln: 1½ mile SW of Horncastle r. station. Post town, Horncastle. Acres, 1,755. Real property, £2,224. Pop., 281. Houses, 52. Brampton manor belongs Sir H. Dymoke, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £160.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield.

Thornton through time

Thornton is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thornton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thornton, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13956

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thornton ".