In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Stoke like this:
STOKE (East), a parish, with West Holme tything, in Wareham district, Dorset; on the river Frome, 2½ miles E of Wool r. station, and 3½ W by S of Wareham. Post town, Wareham. Acres, 3,273; of which 40 are water. Rated property, £3,122. Pop., 594. Houses, 130. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £326. Patron, Sir H. Oglander. The church was rebuilt in 1827, at a cost of £6,700. There is a national school.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Stoke, in Purbeck and Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Stoke ".