In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stockwood like this:
STOCKWOOD, a parish in Sherborne district, Dorset; 2 miles S by W of Yetminster. station. Post town, Sherborne. Acres, 692. Real property, £1,177. Pop., 60. Houses, 9. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £160. Patron, Mrs. E. Matthews.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stockwood has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stockwood and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stockwood in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stockwood".