Place:


Tathwell  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tathwell like this:

TATHWELL, a parish, with a village and two hamlets, in Louth district, Lincoln; 3 miles SSW of Louth r. station. It has a post-office under Louth. Acres, 4,314. Real property, £4,964. Pop., 405. Houses, 70. T. manor, with T. Hall, belongs to H. Chaplin, Esq.; and Cadwell manor, withHall, belongs to S. Allenby, Esq. Six tumuli are on Bully hill, and traces of an ancient camp are on Orgarth hill. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £425.* Patron, the Bishop of L. The church was partially restored in 1857. There is a parochial school.

Tathwell through time

Tathwell is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tathwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tathwell, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13916

Date accessed: 20th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tathwell ".