Place:


Swinstead  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swinstead like this:

SWINSTEAD, a parish, with a village, in Bourn district, Lincoln; 2 miles SE of Corby r. station, and 5 WNW of Bourn. Post town, Bourn. Acres, 1,330. Real property, £2,122. Pop., 396. Houses, 83. The manor belongs to Lord Willonghby D'Eresby. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £115.* Patron, Lord Willoughby D'Eresby. The church was restored in 1854 and 1859. There is a Baptist chapel.

Swinstead through time

Swinstead is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Swinstead itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swinstead, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13910

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Swinstead ".