Place:


Swayfield  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swayfield like this:

SWAYFIELD, a parish in Bourn district, Lincoln; 1½ mile S by E of Corby r. station, and 10 SSE of Grantham. Post town, Colsterworth, under Grantham. Acres, 1,300. Real property, £1,988. Pop., 263. Houses, 60. The manor belongs to Brown's Hospital, Stamford. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £300.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church, excepting the chancel, was rebuilt in 1824.

Swayfield through time

Swayfield is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Swayfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swayfield, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13901

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Swayfield ".