Place:


Stinsford  Dorset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stinsford like this:

STINSFORD, a parish, with three hamlets, in Dorchester district, Dorset; 1½ mile ENE of Dorchester r. station. Post town, Dorchester. Acres, 1,999. Rated property, £2,225. Pop., 357. Houses, 62. The property is divided among a few. S. House and Kingston House are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £190.* Patron, the Earl of Ilchester. The church is good. Charities, £12.

Stinsford through time

Stinsford is now part of West Dorset district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Dorset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stinsford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stinsford in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13899

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stinsford ".