Place:


Swallow  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swallow like this:

SWALLOW, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; 4 miles E by N of Caistor, and 6½ ENE of Moortown r. station. Post town, Caistor. Acres, 2,790. Real property, £3,657. Pop., 239. Houses, 41. The manor belongs to the Earl of Yarborough. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £450.* Patron, the Earl of Yarborough. The church is Norman. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.

Swallow through time

Swallow is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Swallow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swallow, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13897

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Swallow ".