Place:


Oxspring  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Oxspring like this:

OXSPRING, a village and a township in Penistone parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands 1½ mile E of Penistone, and is small. The township contains also the hamlets of Clays-Green, Roughbirchworth and Storrs. Acres, 530. Real property, £1, 659. Pop., 346. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to G. W. B. Bosville, Esq There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans.

Oxspring through time

Oxspring is now part of Barnsley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Barnsley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Oxspring itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Oxspring, in Barnsley and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13884

Date accessed: 23rd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Oxspring ".