Place:


Sutton St Edmund  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton St Edmund like this:

SUTTON-ST. EDMUND, a chapelry, with a village, in Long Sutton parish, Lincoln; 6½ miles WNW of Wisbeach r. station. Post town, Parson-Drove, under Wisbeach. Acres, 5,473. Real property, £12,831. Pop., 730. Houses, 156. The land is devoted chiefly to graziing. The living is a p. curacy in diocese of Lincoln. Value, £386.* Patron, the Vicar of Long Sutton. The church was built in 1800. There are Baptist and Primitive Methodist chapels, an endowed school with £20 a year, and charities £255.

Sutton St Edmund through time

Sutton St Edmund is now part of South Holland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Holland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton St Edmund itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton St Edmund, in South Holland and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13873

Date accessed: 17th January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sutton St Edmund ".