Place:


Norton le Clay  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Norton le Clay like this:

NORTON-LE-CLAY, a township in Cundall parish, N. R. Yorkshire; 3 miles N of Boroughbridge. Acres, 1,023. Real property, £1, 867. Pop., 144. Houses, 31 The manor belongs to the Earl of Ripon. There is a chapel of ease.

Norton le Clay through time

Norton le Clay is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Norton le Clay itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Norton le Clay, in Harrogate and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13837

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Norton le Clay ".