In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stubton like this:
STUBTON, a parish in the district of Newark and county of Lincoln; 1 mile ESE of Claypole r. station, and 6 SE of Newark-Post town, Newark. Acres, 860. Real property, £2,113. Pop., 157. Houses, 34. The manor, with S. Hall, belongs to G. Nevile, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln.Value, £295.* Patron, G. Nevile, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1800. Charities, £58.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stubton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stubton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stubton, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stubton".