In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Parley like this:
PARLEY (West), a parish in Wimborne district, Dorset; on the river Stour, contiguous to Hants, 5 miles E S E of Wimborne r. station. Post-town, Wimborne. Acres, 3, 407. Real property, £1, 914. Pop., 268. Houses, 81. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £195. Patron, Mrs. Mary Buller. The church is ancient; and there is an Independentchapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing West Parley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering West Parley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Parley in East Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th September 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "West Parley".