In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Orchard like this:
ORCHARD (East), a parish in Shaftesbury district, Dorset; on an affluent of the river Stour, 3 miles N by E of Shillingstone r. station, and 4¼ S S W of Shaftesbury. Post-town, Iwerne-Minster, under Bland ford. Acres, 860. Real property, with West Orchard, £3, 369. Pop. of E. O. alone, 227. Houses, 54. The living is a vicarage, united with Margaret-Marsh, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £174.* Patron, the Vicar of Iwerne-Minster. The church was rebuilt in 1860, at a cost of £720; and is in the early English style.
East Orchard is now part of North Dorset district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Dorset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Orchard itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Orchard in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Orchard ".