In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Childe Okeford like this:
CHILD-OKEFORD, a parish in Sturminster district, Dorset, on the river Stour, and on the Central Dorset railway, near Shillingstone station, 3½ miles ESE of Sturminster. It has a post office under Blandford. Acres, 752. Real property, with Hanford, £4, 983. Pop., 783. Houses, 168. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £316.* Patron, the Rev.E. North. The church is good; and there are charities, £15.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Childe Okeford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Childe Okeford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Childe Okeford in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Childe Okeford".