Place:


Llanfilo  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfilo like this:

LLANVILLO, a parish in the district and county of Brecon; on an affluent of the river Wye, 3 miles W of Talgarth r. station, and 5¼ NE of Brecon. Post town, Brecon. Acres, 3,305. Real property, £1,819. Pop., 263. Houses, 61. An ancient British camp is at Alltfillo. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Llandefailog-Tre-Graig, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £324. * Patron, T. Watkins, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Millburg.

Llanfilo through time

Llanfilo is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfilo itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfilo, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1374

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfilo ".