In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Minterne Magna like this:
MINTERN-MAGNA, a parish in Dorchester district, Dorset; at the source of the river Cerne, 2¼ miles N of Cerne-Abbas, and 4½ E by N of Evershot r. station. It includes the hamlets of Hartley and Tiley, and the tything of Middlemarsh; and its Post town is Cerne, under Dorchester. Acres, 2,064. ...
Real property, with Mintern-Parva, £3,345. Rated property of M. M. alone, £1,776. Pop., 374. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. Mintern House is the seat of Lord Digby. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £140. * Patron, H. Sturt, Esq. The church is tolerable, has a tower, and contains monuments to the Napiers. Charities, £18.
Minterne Magna is now part of West Dorset district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Dorset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Minterne Magna itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Minterne Magna in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Minterne Magna ".