Place:


Minskip  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Minskip like this:

MINSKIP, a township, with a village, in Aldborough parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 1½ mile SW of Boroughbridge. Acres, 1,395. Real property, £3,184. Pop., 220. Houses, 55. The manor belongs to A. S. Lawson, Esq. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national infant school.

Minskip through time

Minskip is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Minskip itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Minskip, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13720

Date accessed: 14th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Minskip ".