In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Margaret Marsh like this:
MARGARET-MARSH, a parish in Shaftesbury district, Dorset; 4 miles NE of Sturminster-Newton r. station, and 4 SW of Shaftesbury. Post town, Shaftesbury, under Salisbury. Acres, 525. Real property, with Hartgrove, £2,730. Pop., 71. Houses, 15. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Iwerne-Minster, in the diocese of Salisbury.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Margaret Marsh has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Margaret Marsh and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Margaret Marsh in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Margaret Marsh".