In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Lulworth like this:
LULWORTH (WEST), a village and a parish in Wareham district, Dorset. The Village stands under Bindon hill, 5 miles SSW of Wool r. station, and 8½ SW by W of Wareham; curves over a length of nearly a mile to the coast; has a post office under Wareham, and a good inn; contains some lodging-houses; is a coast-guard station; and communicates twice a week in summer by steamer with Weymouth. ...
The acreage of the parish is returned with East Lulworth. Real property, £1,549. Pop., 446. Houses, 95. A cove at the end of the village is one of the most romantic inlets on the Dorset coast; has a circular outline, overhung all round by lofty cliffs of chalk and sand; opens to the sea by a narrow passage, between two bluffs of Portland stone; and exhibits, in its engirdling cliffs, a section of all the geognostic formations between the oolite and the chalk. A rock about a mile from the cove is pierced with a natural arch about 40 feet high; and a face of cliff, about a furlong E of the cove, exhibits a number of petrified trees. The living is a Vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £130.* Patron, the Bishop of Salisbury. The church is an old dilapidated structure, with a small tower.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Lulworth, in Purbeck and Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Lulworth ".