In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Loders like this:
LODERS, a village and a parish in Bridport district, Dorset. The village stands adjacent to the Bridport railway, on a small affluent of the river Brit, 2 miles NE of Bridport; and has a post office under Bridport. The parish comprises 2,241 acres. Real property, with UpLoders, Mattravers, and Askerswell, £7,127. ...
Rated property of L. alone, £4,498. Pop. in 1851,986; in 1861, 1,053. Houses, 218. The property is divided among a few. Loders Court is the seat of Sir M. H. Nepean, Bart. A priory, subordinate to Montsburgh abbey in Normandy, was founded here in the time of Henry II.; and was given, by Henry V., to Sion abbey. Building stone is quarried. A large flax and hemp mill is at West End. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £315.* Patron, alternately the Lord Chancellor and Sir M. H. Nepean, Bart. The church has a low massive W tower, and is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £12.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Loders in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Loders ".