In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Littlebredy like this:
BREDY (Little), a parish in Dorchester district, Dorset; on the downs, at the source of the Bredy stream, 5 miles SSW of Grimstone and Frampton r. station, and 6¾ W by S of Dorchester. It has a post office under Dorchester. Acres, 1,636. Real property, with Kingston-Russell, £2198. Pop, 199. Houses, 41. The property is all in one estate. Stone is quarried. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Long Bredy, in the diocese of Salisbury. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Littlebredy has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Littlebredy and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Littlebredy in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Littlebredy".