In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leweston like this:
LEWESTON, an extra-parochial tract in Sherborne district, Dorset; 3¼ miles S of Sherborne. Acres, 540. Pop., 17. Houses, 3. Leweston House is the seat of R. Gordon, Esq.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Leweston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Leweston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leweston in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 31st January 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Leweston".