In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Knighton like this:
KNIGHTON (WEST), a parish in Dorchester district, Dorset; near the Southwestern railway, 4 miles SE of Dorchester. It includes the hamlets of Fryer-Mayne, Little Mayne, and Lewell; and its post town is Dorchester. Acres, 2, 339. Real property, £1, 357. Pop., 268. Houses, 58. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Broadmayne, in the diocese of Salisbury. Valne, £332. * Patron, the Rev. W. Urquhart. The church was recently repaired. Charities, £10.
West Knighton is now part of West Dorset district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Dorset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Knighton itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Knighton in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Knighton ".