In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingston Russell like this:
KINGSTON-RUSSELL, a quondam parish, now a hamlet or extra-parochial liberty, in Dorchester district, Dorset; adjacent to Long Bredy, 8 miles W by N of Dorchester. Acres, 1, 147. Pop., 63. Houses, 14. A Roman station is supposed to have been here. Kingston-Russell House stands in a sort of oasis, among furzeclad hills; was, for four centuries, the seat of the Russells, ancestors of the Duke of Bedford; and is now a farm house. A church or chapel was formerly here, but has disappeared.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kingston Russell has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kingston Russell and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingston Russell in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kingston Russell".