In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Iwerne Stepleton like this:
IWERNE-STEEPLETON, or PRESTON, a parish in Blandford district, Dorset; on the rivulet Iwerne, 271/2 miles E of Shillingstone r. station, and 3½ NW of Blandford-Forum. Post town, lwerne-Courtnay, under Blandford. Acres, 773. Real property, £773. Pop., 59. Houses, 9. Steepleton House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £81. Patron, Lord Rivers. The church is ancient.
Iwerne Stepleton is now part of North Dorset district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Dorset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Iwerne Stepleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Iwerne Stepleton in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Iwerne Stepleton ".